This is one of the basic questions people used to ask during the GL training, what does “Level of posting from series” means in account maintenance window. So here is it
1. Level of Posting form Series specifies how much detail you want to post to General Ledger from each series like (Sales, Inventory Control, Purchasing, and Payroll). This setting is under account maintenance window (Cards >> Financial >> Account )
2. It totally depends on Posting Settings of each module and its origin as well. ( Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> Posting >> Posting )
3. In posting setting, If you mark Create Journal Entry Per
· Then Level of posting from series option of account maintenance will not be considered at all.
· System will always create an individual GL entries for each transactions from respective module.
· If it is batch with “Use Account Setting” checkbox marked.
o Then system will check Account Maintenance window for Level of posting from , and if Level of posting is
· Then it will be one journal entry per batch with different line of that account for each entry in the batch you have posted.
· then it will be one journal entry per batch and one line(sum of values) of that account for each entry in the batch you have posted.
· If You Choose Summary method, just be sure that you will not get Originating Mater ID, & Originating Control Number Info in GL transaction details like below